NCS Conference 2023 – Balance:
Balancing Driving and Resisting Forces to Achieve Project Goals
Building on recent meetings, the theme for the 7th Natural Channels Systems Conference is Balance. Balance in the approach to design and project goals, balancing driving and resisting forces in order to ensure outcomes that match the process. This work is created over generations and integrates knowledge and practice from geomorphologists, engineers, landscape architects, and stream biologists. In 2020 we will continue to use a multidisciplinary lens to evaluate natural channel systems with a widened view of cause and effect, employing the knowledge of past work with present research to connect the landscape to the channel.
Often Indigenous perspectives and understanding is side-lined or second to Western views, at the 2023 Natural Channels Conference we seek to promote and showcase projects where Indigenous perspectives and voices lead the project or are an equal partner. Co-production of knowledge and integration of multiple perspectives is important to ensuring designs and their projects, work to the advantage of all involved. We encourage all projects to consider their connection with stakeholders, and in particular Indigenous communities, and hope to see this work highlighted this summer.
We look forward to welcoming you to Guelph, Ontario this June.
2023 DRAFT SCHEDULE for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday posted HERE (updated May 17, 2023)
- June 21-23 – ROM Fish ID Course at University of Guelph (more info coming)
- Jun 24-25 – click here for more info Peter Wilcock Training Workshop
- June 25 – click here for more info Additional Training Opportunities
- June 25 evening – Registration, Early Career Panel, Ice Breaker, Exhibitor Hall Open
- June 26 – June 28 – day-by-day draft schedule
2023 Registration – NOW OPEN
- 2023 Registration Info
- Registration for workshops and training are open for conference attendees. On June 1, space permitting, non-conference attendees may register for training workshops
- 2023 Fees are posted
2023 Abstract Submission – Closed
- Submit your abstract by March 31, 2023 (we are unable to extend the deadline)
- 2023 Session Descriptions are posted