Call for Sessions
Help shape the 2023 Conference Program – Call for Sessions.
Help us create a dynamic and rewarding conference program by proposing a session at the upcoming June 2023 conference using this form. Session proposals are due Dec 15, 2022.
To submit a session proposal, please consider how your session fits the conference theme (Balance: Balancing driving and resisting forces to achieve project goals, and what audience(s) (field(s) of interest) will be attracted to your session.
The NCC Program Committee and Co-chairs will build the conference program from the session proposals. You will be informed of acceptance of your session by email. The Co-chairs may also suggest proposed sessions that are similar to merge.
Current session topics (carry-over from 2020) include the following:
- Channeling Innovation: From Ideas to Implementation
- Balancing Approaches and Setting Design Parameters
- The Landscape Perspective on the Riparian Zone – Meaning Outside the Channel
- Learning from Failure – Lessons Drawn from Projects Gone Wrong
- Legislation Changes – Navigating the New Federal and Provincial Legislative Updates
- Port Lands Flood Protection and Enabling Infrastructure Project: Waterfront Toronto/City of Toronto/TRCA
The program committee will take into account all suggested sessions and use them to compile the final session program as the basis for the call-for-abstracts. Then, conveners of approved sessions will be asked to actively promote their sessions and the public will be invited to submit their abstracts. This will be announced by a separate email.
The Natural Channels Initiative and the Natural Channels Conference is a not-for-profit entity, thus presenters with accepted abstracts are kindly requested to register for the conference as an attendee.